Here’s a fun little 3d printer project I did after finding an awesome product design on Thingiverse.
It looks like the author had several iterations of designs for his ‘banjo ukelele’ so I decided that the files were probably reliable and I could print them successfully.
The idea was to build a fully 3d printed musical instrument.
The prints took a long time — the first plate was around 12 hours, and the 2nd plate was 8 or 9 hours.
I wasn’t smart and ended up starting the 2nd plate at like 6PM, which meant that the printer was going until like 3AM and I couldn’t sleep until it finally stopped.
Put some superglue / epoxy in the existing joints to bind it all together – although it was designed to take screws, I couldn’t get them to fit correctly.
Thing file: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:113908